The mission of the Quincy Public Schools Foundation is to acquire and distribute financial and other resources for the enrichment of academic programs and for other projects aimed at fulfilling the mission of the Quincy Public School District. We are committed to serving our community and seek to hire those who are passionate about education. Working at the Quincy Public Schools Foundation means taking on a dynamic role in an exciting workplace.
To apply for a position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
See employment opportunities below!
QPSF seeks to hire an office manager for a position requiring 10-15 hours a week.
The Office Manager provides assistance to the Executive Director to help fulfill the vision, mission and objectives of the Quincy Public Schools Foundation. Duties include grant programs coordination, donor receipt management, office management & other clerical duties.
A. Professional/Technical Abilities
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for mission of QPS Foundation
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of office tasks and responsibilities, including but not limited to mail merge, data entry, copy making, letter campaigns, typing, and answering phones.
- Strong computer skills and ability to become proficient in relevant software, including MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and multiple database platforms.
- Ability to learn new programs as necessary.
- Effective time management and organizational skill with attention to detail
- Discretion and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work as a team member
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills—oral and written
B. Personal Characteristics
- Commitment to serve the Quincy Public Schools and the community
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness and consideration
- Thinks independently and creatively
- Cooperates with various audiences
- Remains flexible and successful within changing environment and demands
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Office Management
- Keep inventory and order supplies and paper products as needed.
- Answering phones as necessary and assisting with customer service.
B. Alumni & Donor Relations
- Assist in the achievement of annual fundraising goals and the increase of donor participation rates
- Record data and keep database current
- Prepare, mail, and record acknowledgement/receipt letters to donors
- Records statistics and provides reports
- Assist in mailing of invitations and receipts
- Administrative tasks for event planning as assigned
D. Grants and Scholarships
- Assists Executive Director with notifications, correspondence, agreements,
- Coordinates fulfillment of QPSF grants and scholarships
E. Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends Board and committee meetings as directed
- Assists Director and Board Secretary with organizing minutes, corporate records, policies and procedures
- Assists with special projects as they arise in the operation of the QPS Foundation's mission (i.e. project-based public school initiatives)
- Demonstrates knowledge of the QPS Foundation's mission, values and vision
- Understands procedures and regulations
- Arranges for and provides support for volunteers, as needed
- Achieves Strategic Plan goals and objectives related to the Office Manager’s role
- Additional duties as assigned
10-15 hours/week, with flexibility for additional hours for special events and meetings scheduled beyond the standard office hours as needed; it is recognized that some hours may be worked off site, especially for completion of special projects.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.